Routine Eye Exam in Scottsdale, Arizona
Getting your vision checked is probably something that happened fairly frequently when you were a child. With all the moving pieces of adult life, it can be easy to overlook these exams. Many individuals don’t make a visit to their eye doctor until they’re having problems or they’ve sustained an injury to their eye. Skipping appointments can be detrimental to your visual health. If possible, you should schedule an eye exam at least every other year, though once annually is ideal if you wear corrective lenses.
What Is Included In a Routine Eye Exam?
• They can catch and treat dry eyes.
• They prevent vision problems at school or work.
• They can detect near or far-sightedness you may not be aware of.
• An exam can detect sneaky but serious issues like glaucoma.
• Routine exams can also pick up on other ailments, like diabetes and allergies.
What Happens at a Routine Eye Exam?
• Visual acuity test
• Retinal exam
• Eye muscle movement test
• Slit-lamp test
• Glaucoma check
• Visual field test